Bring a smile to a hospice patient with the unconditional love from your dog. Therapy dogs are welcome visitors to our patients.
Therapy dogs must have successfully completed obedience and therapy classes, and their owners must complete the Kindred volunteer training before visiting patients.
Kindred Hospice serves hospice patients throughout Central Ohio, and volunteers improve the quality of life of patients through visits, often with their therapy dogs.
Volunteer orientation sessions are offered each month, daytime and evening. Call (614.414.0500) for more information or to register.
Join our team of outstanding volunteers!
- Animal Care / Handling
- Elder care
- Hospice Care
- Bereavement Support
- Animal Therapy
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours per week
- Build your resume through...
- Vigil Volunteer...
- Organized? Dependable?...
- READ to hospice patients
- SEWING PROJECTS - Comfort Items...
- Therapy Dogs in Central Ohio
- 11th Hour Vigil Volunteers
- CAKES, COOKIES & COMPANIONSHIP
- [JASON] KINDRED HOSPICE-...
- YOU & YOUR PET - team up & visit...
- "TUCK-IN" Phone Calls for Hospice
- Handmade projects to comfort...
- Veterans visiting Veterans