Bring a smile to a hospice patient with the unconditional love from your dog. Therapy dogs are welcome visitors to our patients.
Kindred Hospice serves hospice patients throughout Central Ohio, and volunteers improve the quality of life of patients through visits, often with their therapy dogs.
Therapy dogs must have successfully completed obedience and therapy dog classes, and their owners must complete the Kindred volunteer training before visiting patients.
Volunteer orientation sessions are offered each month, daytime and evening. Call (614.414.0500) or email for more information or to register.
Join our team of outstanding volunteers!
- Animal Care / Handling
- Elder care
- Hospice Care
- Bereavement Support
- Animal Therapy
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours per week
- Relieve a caregiver - spend time...
- Phone calls - volunteers needed
- Build your resume through...
- Vigil Volunteer...
- Excel tracking - patient visits
- Organized? Dependable?...
- Share an hour with a hospice...
- SEWING PROJECTS - Comfort Items...
- Therapy Dogs in Central Ohio
- Birthday Cake Bakers
- 11th Hour Vigil Volunteers
- CAKES, COOKIES & COMPANIONSHIP
- [JASON] KINDRED HOSPICE-...
- YOU & YOUR DOG - team up & visit...
- Handmade projects to comfort...
- Veterans to visit Veterans