Looking for a group volunteer opportunity with your friends, family members, church, troop, classmates or employees? Let us know!
We can offer volunteer work parties at Adriana Hess Wetland Park in University Place, also home to the Adriana Hess Audubon Center and Tahoma Audubon Society, or the Thelma Gilmur Park in Fircrest.
The Adriana Hess Wetland Park is a 2-acre park that needs recurring basic maintenance like watering, weeding, trail work, and native plant installation. While you're here, you can walk the trails, discover how native plants can be used in your yard to attract wildlife, borrow some binoculars and watch birds or eat lunch on the deck at Morrison Pond.
Opportunities are available based on the schedule of our habitat restoration volunteer leaders. Please contact us 1-2 months in advance of when your group would like to volunteer.
Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Habitat Restoration
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 2-6 hours
- Birding Class & Workshop...
- Urban Nature Walk Guides
- Bird Walk Guides
- Morse Force Educators/Docents
- Conservation Committee Members
- Native Plant Walk Guide
- Thelma Gilmur Education...
- Program Chair- Speaker Series
- Website Design
- Membership Committee Members
- Habitat Restoration Work Party -...
- Adriana Hess Audubon Center...
- Public Relations & Marketing
- Community Scientists
- Morse Force Wildlife/Property...