Do you want to see the difference you are making?
Are you a people person?
Have you experienced the death of someone you cared about?
If you answered yes to any of these questions volunteering with hospice may be a good fit for you. Hospice care focuses on providing comfort to terminally ill patients and their loved ones. Holistic care is given physically, emotionally, and spiritually by a team of staff and volunteers.
Assist hospice patients and their families in the way you prefer. Opportunities include:
- Give a 2-4 hour break to caregivers by staying with the patient.
- Provide extra companionship to patients.
- Assist with light housekeeping and/or meal preparation for patients.
- Run errands for patients such as picking up groceries.
- Use your specialized training in massage, pet therapy, music, or energy healing with patients.
- Support veterans at the end of life by honoring them with a pinning ceremony.
- Provide 11th hour support to patients who are actively dying.
Patients are located throughout the Twin Cities metro area in homes and skilled care facilities. More details are listed on our web site at http://www.fairview.org/HospiceVolunteer.
We always have people waiting for volunteers to be assigned. Don't hesitate. Contact us today to start offering your support.
- People Skills
- Elder care
- Hospice Care
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-4 hours per week, 2-4x/month
- Health screening provided by Fairview