Is knowledge your passion? Do you want to break new ground and work towards better solutions to fight climate change?
Then we want you on the team!
What's Your Impact (WYI) is a non-profit organization that informs people about climate change and what they can do about it.
Your role will be to provide research as well as background analysis for our PR campaigns and website.
Are you someone who wants to take a hands-on approach to finding fresh ideas and wants to be part of a team that will help bring about real change? Then send us your application today!
This is also available as a virtual volunteer opportunity.
- Research facts, figures and information on topics related to climate change and global warming.
- Convey findings accurately to others in the form of reports, articles and briefings
- Provide scientific and technical expertise where necessary.
- Able to coordinate and liaise with reputable scientists, knowledgeable individuals and any organizations and institutions that can provide valuable information.
- Highly inquisitive mind and a keen determination to find the answers to the immediate dangers to our environment.
- Able to grasp technical concepts.
- Good analytical and computer skills.
- Skill in writing, proofreading as well as editing.
- Able to work as part of a team while also using his/her own initiative.
- Education and experience in any of the following scientific fields: Chemistry, Biology, and/or Physics would be an asset.
- Strong links and networks in the scientific community would be an asset.
Job Location: Montreal or E-Work/Telecommuting
Time Commitment: You are in control. Our volunteers are required to do 1-2 hours of work per week. We use a team approach so that the workload is flexible based on the time you can give us on a given week. That way you are in control of how many hours you volunteer.
Employment Type: Volunteer Position. Support a cause you are passionate about all while expanding your professional experience.
Volunteering at What's Your Impact - what's in it for me?
- Working alongside individuals who share your values and are passionate about the environment
- Gaining valuable experience working in the non-profit sector
- Having the ability to work on projects that match your passions
- Expanding your professional portfolio/CV
- Professional reference letter based on performance after a minimum of 8 weeks of volunteering
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Environmental Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment