What's Your Impact (WYI) is seeking people who want to break new ground and work towards better solutions to fight climate change. WYI is an environmental awareness group whose main goal is to inform people about what is going with global warming and what they can do about it as individuals.
Your role will be to provide research input for the background analysis required for new and existing content on our site, PR campaigns and policy initiatives. Using the internet, publications and other sources you will be researching facts, figures and information that will provide the basis for the strategies and policies that we will urge individuals, corporations and different levels of government to implement.
Are you someone who wants to take a hands-on approach to finding fresh ideas and wants to be part of a team that will help bring about real change? If yes, then send us your CV today!
This is also available as a virtual volunteer opportunity.
- Research facts, figures and information on topics related to climate change and global warming.
- Convey findings accurately to others in the form of reports, articles and briefings
- Provide scientific and technical expertise where necessary.
- Able to coordinate and liaise with reputable scientists, knowledgeable individuals and any organizations and institutions that can provide valuable information.
- Highly inquisitive mind and a keen determination to find the answers to the immediate dangers to our environment.
- Able to grasp technical concepts.
- Good analytical and computer skills.
- Skill in writing, proofreading as well as editing.
- Able to work as part of a team while also using his/her own initiative.
- Education and experience in any of the following scientific fields: Chemistry, Biology, and/or Physics would be an asset.
- Strong links and networks in the scientific community would be an asset.
Job Location: Montreal or E-Work/Telecommuting Work Hours: TBD
Time Commitment: Our volunteers are required to do 1-2 hours of work per week but we use a team approach so that the workload is flexible based on the time our volunteers can give us. On any given week you are in control of how many hours you volunteer. During that time we are always available for questions and any other support we can offer.
Employment Type: Volunteer Position. This is a great opportunity for those who wish to support a great cause within the non-profit sector, and expand their experience in the field.
Volunteering at What's Your Impact - what's in it for me?
- Working alongside individuals who share your values and are passionate about the environment
- Gaining valuable experience working in the non-profit sector
- Having the ability to work on projects that match your passions
- Expanding your professional portfolio/CV
- Professional reference letter based on performance after a minimum of 8 weeks of volunteering
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment