What's Your Impact (WYI) is seeking an individual who wants to apply their skills in human resources to help make a real difference. WYI is an environmental awareness group who's main goal is to inform people about global warming and what they can do about it as individuals.
Your human resources expertise will guide our team through the recruitment process, including creating job descriptions, interviewing potential staff members and managing the growth of our team. Through your efforts, our team will be better equipped to help spread the word about climate change and help people to reduce their impact on the environment.
If you're looking to volunteer your HR talent to a cause that's determined to fight global warming then send us your CV!
This is also available as a virtual volunteer opportunity.
- Guide the recruitment process to ensure consistency and fair application throughout the selection process.
- Create job descriptions and succession plans to ensure consistency throughout the organization.
- Identify potential employees for secondments.
- Carry out recruitment activities including: advertisements, create interview questions and tests in collaboration with the manager, make selection recommendations to the manager, verify references, present letters of offer, etc.
- Foster employee/volunteer engagement, recognition and retention.
- Participate in internal/external relations: assisting with performance management as well as questions/inquires from people outside the organization.
- Experience in the spectrum of HR (education or employment) including: recruitment, compensation, employee relations, performance management, training and development.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills as well as ability to establish and maintain working relationships with users/members, volunteers, and employees.
- Detail-orientated individual, who is skilled at prioritizing and multi-tasking.
- Analytical thinker who is pro-active, results-oriented and able to work as a part of a team.
Job Location: Montreal or E-Work/Telecommuting
Time Commitment: Our volunteers are required to do 1-2 hours of work per week but we use a team approach so that the workload is flexible based on the time our volunteers can give us. On any given week you are in control of how many hours you volunteer. During that time we are always available for questions and any other support we can offer.
Employment Type: Volunteer Position. This is a great opportunity for those who wish to support a great cause within the non-profit sector, and expand their experience in the field.
Volunteering at What's Your Impact - what's in it for me?
- Working alongside individuals who share your values and are passionate about the environment
- Gaining valuable experience working in the non-profit sector
- Having the ability to work on projects that match your passions
- Expanding your professional portfolio/CV
- Professional reference letter based on performance after a minimum of 8 weeks of volunteering
- Human Resources Strategy
- Human Resources Recruitment
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment