What’s Your Impact (WYI) is looking for an inspired artist, full of creative ideas, who is passionate about fighting climate change. WYI is an environmental awareness group who's main goal is to inform people about what is going on with global warming and what they can do about it as individuals.
WYI is currently working on a web based tool aiming to help people to take action to manage their negative impact on the environment. The graphic designer will create visual concepts that make actions to help fight climate change captivating for our users.
If you're looking for a fulfilling project where you'll be using your artistic skills to make the world a better place, then join our team now!
This is also available as a virtual volunteer opportunity.
- Work closely with management to identify its needs in terms of design.
- Create designs and graphics that convey a message in accordance with the project's requirements.
- Advise management on strategies to reach a specific audience through different designs.
- Estimate the time a given assignment might take.
- Artistic ability as well as knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles are essential.
- Solid graphic applications skills with programs such as Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, GIMP, etc.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet strict deadlines while managing multiple assignments is a must.
- Communication skills and ability to work well with others.
- Degree or diploma in graphic design with experience in graphic design, print or web design would be an asset.
Time Commitment: Our volunteers are required to do 1-2 hours of work per week but we use a team approach so that the workload is flexible based on the time our volunteers can give us. On any given week you are in control of how many hours you volunteer. During that time we are always available for questions and any other support we can offer.
Employment Type: Volunteer Position. This is a great opportunity for those who wish to support a great cause within the non-profit sector, and expand their experience in the field.
Volunteering at What's Your Impact - what's in it for me?
- Working alongside individuals who share your values and are passionate about the environment
- Gaining valuable experience working in the non-profit sector
- Having the ability to work on projects that match your passions
- Expanding your professional portfolio/CV
- Professional reference letter based on performance after a minimum of 8 weeks of volunteering
- Graphic Design
- Graphic Design/Visual Identity
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment