Red Sox Mentoring Challenge
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where101 Rock StreetFall River, MA 02720
The Boston Red Sox want fans to "Step Up to the Plate!"
Click HERE to see a special video presentation.
(The following information has been excerpted from redsox.com)
A shortage of volunteers means thousands of kids are currently on waiting lists for mentors across Massachusetts.
To help bridge the gap, Mass Mentoring Partnership (MMP) has teamed up with the Boston Red Sox for the third year of the Red Sox Mentoring Challenge. At the helm as honorary campaign chairman is NBA Hall of Famer Bill Russell, who serves on the board of MENTOR/National Mentoring Partnership.
If you've ever thought about mentoring a child but just haven't taken the next step - whether you want to simply learn more or to check out local programs - the Challenge provides you with the perfect opportunity.
Ready to Accept the Red Sox Mentoring Challenge?
Here are three easy ways to Step Up to the Plate and support youth mentoring:
1. Sign up for more information
2. Refer friends or family members . Forward this e-mail information to a friend or family member. Be sure to tell them to provide your name when they are contacted by an MMP representative so that you can be rewarded if they join the Challenge - even if you don't become a mentor!
3. Get your employer involved . Many companies across the state help their employees experience the power of youth mentoring. The Red Sox Mentoring Challenge can help your employer get involved too.
If you successfully engage in the Challenge, you'll not only experience the power of mentoring, but you'll also have the opportunity to earn:
* Red Sox tickets
* Limited-edition Challenge t-shirt
* A tour of Fenway Park
* End-of-the-season recognition event; and
* Other incentives
The Family Service Association Big Friends Little Friends community mentoring program is asking YOU to take the Red Sox Mentoring Challenge! We need to reduce our waiting list of "Littles" by 40 and match them with caring role models like you. Step Up to the Plate. Mentor a youth in the Greater Fall River area and make a difference in your community!
Do you wish to get involved with the Challenge through the Big Friends Little Friends program?
Find out more about Big Friends Little Friends :
Contact Ramona Turcotte at
508-730-1138 ext: 3244 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit our agency website at www.frfsa.org
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 17
- 3 hours twice a month