You Can Help: Become a Hospice Volunteer with Compassus Hospice
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
80 people are interested
Compassus Hospice and Palliative Care located in Birmingham, AL and surrounding areas, is looking for ordinary, hard-working people with gentle spirits and helping hearts to assist patients and families at the end of life.
There are many types of opportunities to choose from:
1. Patient /Family Support:As a volunteer you will provide companionship and support to terminally ill patients and their families through listening, talking, running errands, life review, pet visitation, massage therapy, chaplaincy and much more.
2. Bereavement volunteer: supporting the bereaved through mailings and or co-facilitation of a support group.
3. Life Review:Conduct life reviews/interviews with individual patients. Record the patient's stories through video taping, voice recording, and scrap booking.
4. Office work: labeling, making new admission packets, faxing, filing and other office type activities.
We'll work with your schedule.
1400 Urban Center DriveSuite 100Birmingham, AL 35242
- Administrative Support
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18