At the heart of hospice is the belief that a caring, supportive person will be at the bedside of every patient at the time of death. Our goal is "no one dies alone."
KINDRED HOSPICE provides outstanding comfort care for patients, and volunteers help by sitting with patients and supporting family members during the patient's last days and hours. VIGIL VOLUNTEERS are those very special people who make themselves available at the 11th hour, to be with actively dying patients. Ready on an 'as needed' basis, VIGIL VOLUNTEERS are part of a unique group of volunteers helping hospice patients. VIGIL VOLUNTEERS may sit with patients in their homes, nursing homes or other facilities.
You can bring comfort to hospice patients when death is imminent. Consider offering your time, compassion and presence to comfort a patient in the last hours of life.
Join our team of remarkable volunteers!
Volunteer orientations are offered each month. Call (614.414.0500) or email for more information.
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
- Elder care
- People Skills
- Bereavement Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- as needed/as volunteer is available
- Build your resume through...
- Vigil Volunteer...
- Organized? Dependable?...
- READ to hospice patients
- SEWING PROJECTS - Comfort Items...
- Therapy Dogs in Central Ohio
- 11th Hour Vigil Volunteers
- CAKES, COOKIES & COMPANIONSHIP
- [JASON] KINDRED HOSPICE-...
- YOU & YOUR PET - team up & visit...
- "TUCK-IN" Phone Calls for Hospice
- Handmade projects to comfort...
- Veterans visiting Veterans