No patient dies alone. At the heart of hospice is the belief that every patient will have a caring, supportive person at his/her side at the time of death.
You can bring comfort to hospice patients when death is imminent. Gentiva hospice provides outstanding comfort care for patients, and volunteers help by sitting with patients and supporting family members throughout the patient's last days and hours. VIGIL VOLUNTEERS are those very special people who make themselves available at the 11th hour, to be with actively dying patients. Ready on an 'as needed' basis, VIGIL VOLUNTEERS are part of a unique group of volunteers helping hospice patients. VIGIL VOLUNTEERS may sit with patients in their homes, nursing homes or other facilities.
Consider giving your time, caring and compassion for the comfort of a patient in the last hours of life.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- as needed
- Build your resume through...
- Vigil Volunteer...
- Organized? Dependable?...
- READ to hospice patients
- SEWING - EASY SEWING PROJECTS...
- Bereavement Support Volunteer
- Therapy Dogs in Central Ohio
- Birthday Cake Bakers
- 11th Hour Vigil Volunteers
- Mailings and filing -...
- Cakes, cookies & companionship
- [JASON] KINDRED HOSPICE-...
- YOU & YOUR PET - visit patients!
- Handmade projects to comfort...
- Veterans visiting Veterans
- Birthday Cake & Cookie Bakers...