The Guide Partners Program pairs one child with one adult (parent or guardian). They will work as a team, attending training and starting out as apprentice guides, this program in ONLY available in the Exhibit Guide category. They will also work as a team as they move from one exhibit area to another and interact with visitors.
Opportunities: Provides an opportunity for families to work and learn together.
- Each volunteer must complete an online application.
- Attend an information class. Please call the Volunteer Department at 361-881-1381 to confirm time of next session. Please come dressed to participate in a tour of our facility - close-toed shoes must be worn in order for you to participate in the tour.
- Complete all paperwork needed during orientation.
- Complete interview with Guide Program Area Coordinator.
- Pay non-refundable $35 program fee (only if selected into the volunteer program.)
- Pass a criminal background check if 18 or older. If under 18, provide two letters of recommendation from teachers, employers, or community leaders.
- Must provide proof of completion of the Hepatitis B vaccine series.
- Participation in the training program.
- Development of child/adult teamwork
- Building self confidence
- Taking part in positive social interactions
- Learning about the marine environment
- Taking positive conservation action
- Environmental Education
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 11
- Orientation or Training
- minimum 30 hours