WE’RE LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEERS TO ANSWER THE CALL!
The Contact Hotline provides free, confidential, 24-hour support. It is for anyone who is depressed, in crisis, going through a hard time, thinking about suicide, or just needs to talk.
As a volunteer, you don’t have to be an expert, give advice, or fix problems. We’ll train you to respond to callers, regardless of their age, issue, or emotional state. Most calls are not suicide-related.
The next 2018 Hotline Basic Training is the weekend of February 16, 17, 18, from 9am to 5pm each day.
- Meaningful and rewarding experience
- Learn new skills
- Make a difference in the lives of others
- Expect the unexpected when the phone rings
- Feel energized when you connect with a caller
- Seek to inspire and be inspired
- Retired people who have promised themselves they would volunteer when they had more time appreciate the scheduling flexibility, the support from the staff and other volunteers, and the opportunity to draw on their life skills and experience.
- People in "people" professions, such as real estate and sales, human services, customer service, and education are especially drawn to the Hotline. The training and experience on the Hotline enhance their communication skills and help them in their jobs.
- People who feel a duty to give back to their communities volunteer on the Hotline because they know that it is an essential resource for children, youth, and adults in crisis in CNY.
- People who are looking for a meaningful and enriching volunteer activity say that after a Hotline shift they feel as if they have done something important by listening to another person’s story.
- People in college who are looking to learn skills, earn college credit, and build their resume.
TO LEARN MORE:
Call (315) 251-1400 x 115
- People Skills
- Crisis Counseling
- Crisis Intervention
- Relationship Building
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 19
- Orientation or Training
- 50-hour trainng program