56 people are interested
Reassurance Specialists build connection!
ORGANIZATION: Contact Community Services
Please visit the new page to apply.
56 people are interested
TeleCare is a free telephone reassurance program which provides a regular connection to isolated and vulnerable members of our community. Volunteer reassurance specialists make outbound telephone calls to enrolled clients and provide medication reminders, welfare checks, and social visits. Calls are up to 10 minutes in length.
Reassurance specialists must have strong verbal communication skills and be able to respectfully and compassionately support clients who present with mental health conditions and life challenges. Comfort talking on the phone and using required computer programs is a must.
TeleCare shifts are available 365 days per year and are: 7am-11am, 11am-3pm, 3pm-7pm, and 7pm-10pm. Volunteers are able to build their own schedule based on their availability. All volunteer training and work is completed at our office.
ESSENTIAL VOLUNTEER FUNCTIONS
- Support Clients by exhibiting strong active listening skills
- Maintain caller and colleague confidentiality
- Attend required trainings and participate in other continuing education opportunities as they are offered
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Program Manager
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Place outgoing calls for TeleCare
- Input data in web-based helpline software
- Attend other scheduled trainings/supervision and meetings
Training to make TeleCare calls is 4-hours and can be done in a single day. It includes shadowing, one-on-one instruction to gain familiarity with active listening, practice using our computer and telephone system, and then making calls ls under the guidance of a trainer. Ongoing supervision TeleCare policies and procedures are maintained.
Interested parties are encouraged to explore our TeleCare page and to complete our online TeleCare Volunteer application.
If you need additional information or have any questions or concerns, please contact Kristine Knutson at 315-218-1915 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- 07:00 AM to 11:00 AM
- 11:00 AM to 03:00 PM
- 03:00 PM to 07:00 PM
- 07:00 PM to 10:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Contact Community Services
6311 Court Street Rd, East Syracuse, NY 13057, US
Contact Community Services helps individuals and organizations create positive personal and social change to improve the quality of lives in Central New York.
Human service agency that offers a range of services to the Central New York community.
6311 Court Street RdEast Syracuse, NY 13057
December 20, 2022
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Must be at least 19
- Orientation or Training
- Initial training is 4 hours. After that we ask for 12 hours per month.
- We ask for 3 shifts per month during first 6 months of service. Volunteers must then work 2 shifts per month to maintain active status. We also ask for a commitment of 12 months of service.