Welcome! We are soup kitchen located in Utica, New York. We provide a safe space for people to come into from the streets to relax and eat 2-3 warm, nutritious meals each day. Open seven days a week, anyone can come in when we open and stay until close. It is not unusual to see people playing cards or children coloring. We serve over 8,000 meals a month. Our ability to serve so many meals comes from the generous volunteers whose work keeps us open. They do the cooking, serving, cleaning and most of the supervising! Most volunteers come in and work 1/2 day shifts, but we are very flexible about timing and in need of volunteers of all kinds. Training is provided following an interview and commitment to volunteer. We need people who can:
- Prep food- cut up vegetables, open cans, etc.
- Serve food
- Wash Dishes - pots and pans, etc
- Pick up donations
- Help with building maintenence & repairs
- People to pick up gleanings - van or truck
- Answer phones
- Almost any other "job" one can envision
Interested in joining us? Give us a call at 315-793-3723.
We look forward to hearing from you!
- Customer Service
- Office Reception
- Food & Beverage Services
- Food Service
- Food Delivery / Distribution
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-5 hours
- Available to come on monthly or weekly basis