7 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: Ronald McDonald House Charities West Michigan
Please visit the new page to apply.
7 people are interested
Shuttle Driver volunteers at RMHWM play a crucial role in providing our guest families with the best possible comfort and care. Shuttle Driver volunteers are responsible for transporting families to and from the hospital safely and timely in order to spend as much time as possible at their child's bedside.
*Note CDL is not required.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Transporting RMHWM families to and from local hospitals
- Assisting in setting up car seats should families be transporting children
- Performing general driving related tasks as require by RMHCWM
- Examples include delivering or pick up product to/from other agencies, fueling vehicles, etc.
- Other various tasks as required
The ideal Shuttle Driver volunteer is one who embodies our mission of providing support for families while acting in appropriate and professional manners. Preferred skills include:
- Ability to self-initiate, organize, and work independently when necessary
- Ability to take direction and perform new tasks
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Showing kindness, caring, and willingness to help others
- Exemplifies outstanding customer service skills while adhering to strict confidentiality
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
Due to the sensitive nature of our organization, Shuttle Driver volunteers must:
- Pass a criminal background check
- Submit driver’s license information and pass a Motor Vehicle Records check
- Pass a driving test administered at onboarding, then as required after
- Be between the ages of 21 and 70
- morning / 08:30 AM to 09:30 AM
- evening / 07:30 PM to 08:30 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
More opportunities with Ronald McDonald House Charities West Michigan
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Ronald McDonald House Charities West Michigan
1323 Cedar Street NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503, US
"To provide a 'home away from home' for families of children and youth seeking medical treatment in our community."
Ronald McDonald House Charities West Michigan (RMHCWM), located less than 10 minutes from the medical hub of downtown Grand Rapids, offers private rooms with bathrooms, home cooked meals, a shuttle service, cleaning, laundry, and whatever the family needs to stay whole during this crisis in their lives.
Last year we provided accommodations and services to 388 families. Volunteers provided an amazing 6,441 hours of service, the shuttle van was driven 19,637 miles making nearly 70 trips per week transporting families as needed, and hundreds of home cooked meals were prepared in our kitchen. These services and so many more make up RMHWM.
1323 Cedar Street NEGrand Rapids, MI 49503
December 21, 2022
- Bus/Van Driving
- Child Welfare
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- We ask our Shuttle Driver Volunteers to work at least 2-3 shifts per month for at least 12 months.