Are you great at Planning Parties?
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
35 people are interested
Join GGO Event Planning Team: 2 Events coming up w/ openings for Event Volunteers and Event Planners!
Do you chomp at the bit with your enthusiasm and skill at:
Data management and Online program Enthusiast
Social media promotion, Marketing
Help in advance of events and volunteer at event, as needed.
Tasks and deadlines assigned by Event Chair.
Read below and contact us. 415-370-1722
- Confirm who is assigned to which tasks.
- Raffle & Auction: achieve auction & raffle items - GGO Item donation form. Track businesses contacted.
- Refreshments donations: solicit food, hors d'houvres and wines donations. Contact restaurants and wineries by phone, email form or bring it in; follow up phone call, See that GGO receives the form back, filled in from the company. Confirm if item or certificate will be mailed, or when we pick it up?
- Marketing: Choose: Social Media promotion, Publicist written PR: Call and email media.
- ONLINE PR Volunteer: Great on internet? Enter event details on ONLINE MEDIA EVENT CALENDARS.
- Graphic Design: create signage, design flyer, poster, invitation, certificates
- Grass Roots Marketing: Invitation printing: Post card/flyer: all team keep some with you to hand to others, or mail, distribute to various businesses and organizations.
- Day of the event: Volunteers pick up donated refreshments, drinks and items and bring to party location. Event char will specify times and tasks.
- Day of the event: help set up and decorate, arrange flowers, Greet Guests, Sign in on registration list.
- Display refreshments, help serve and pour
- Enjoy the live opera performance!
- Help Clean up
- Make an impact - a beautifully planned event, concert, & reception builds festival relationships in the community. You and guests get to meet the opera singers up close & personal while enjoying gorgeous views and music.
- Achievement: help fund a bullying prevention opera for schools, opera-tunities for at-risk youth to experience this art form, help the opera company contribute to our community.
- Send Thank you notes to host, performers, attendees, refreshment donors, and volunteers: building relationships.
- Achievements; present exclusive events in private homes, restaurant or theatre: complete tasks and participate in your favorite Event Planning skills.
- Result: letter or recommendation; beef up your resume with professional event planning experience. Recognition on GGO Web site.
Build audience and professional relationships:
Funds raised help us plan our season, arrange sponsored tickets for low-income groups; Funding for unique Bullying Education Opera for schools, The Emancipation Project 2019 new work; President Lincoln and how three African American close personal friends and 2 Gospel Songs influenced him to sign the Emancipation Proclamation.
51 Roundtree Blvd.San Rafael, CA 94903
- Event Design & Planning
- Sales Process
- Event Management
- IT Strategy
- Group Facilitation
- Brand Development & Messaging
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 1 planning meeting in person and continue virtual
- Cheerful outlook, can-do attitude, great people person, enjoy music