Sign up NOW for GGO Event Planning Team: Seeking Event Chair or Co-Chairs & Volunteers in task areas
May 19, 2018 Event needs advance work starting April 1, 2018. Additional Events in Fall 2018.
Two In-Person Event Team meeting dates will be set up when we hear from you and your availability.,
Purpose: tasks and deadlines assigned, choose your participation.
- Confirm event plan deadlines
- Confirm who is assigned to which tasks.
- Raffle & Auction Committee: solicit auction & raffle items with GGO Item donation form. Keep track of businesses contacted.
- Refreshments donations: solicit food, hors d'houvres and wines donations. Contact restaurants and wineries by phone, send form by email or bring it in; follow up phone call, see that GGO receives the form from them, confirm when the item or certificate can be picked up.
- Marketing: Choose: Social Media promotion, Publicist written PR ), Call and email media.
- ONLINE PR Volunteer: Great on internet? Enter event details on ONLINE MEDIA EVENT CALENDARS.
- Graphic Design: create signage, design flyer, poster, invitation, certificates
- Grass Roots Marketing: Invitation printing: Post card/flyer: all team keep some with you to hand to others, or mail, distribute to various businesses and organizations.
- Day of the event: Pick up donated refreshments, drinks and items and bring to location.
- Day of the event: help set up and decorate, arrange flowers, Greet Guests, Sign in on registration list.
- Display refreshments, help serve and pour
- Help Clean up
- Make an impact - a beautifully planned event, concert, & reception builds festival relationships in the community. You and guests get to meet the opera singers up close & personal while enjoying gorgeous views and music.
- Achievement: help fund a bullying prevention opera for schools, opera-tunities for at-risk youth to experience this art form, help the opera company contribute to our community.
- Send Thank you notes to host, performers, attendees, refreshment donors, and volunteers: building relationships.
- Achievements; present exclusive events in private homes, restaurant or theatre: complete tasks and participate in your favorite Event Planning skills.
- Result: letter or recommendation; beef up your resume with professional event planning experience. Recognition on GGO Web site.
- Event Design & Planning
- Sales Process
- Event Management
- IT Strategy
- Group Facilitation
- Brand Development & Messaging
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 2 planning meetings, tasks before and during event
- Contact GGO to sign up on Event Team & for Event Plan Schedule / Meetings
- Marketing Director/Manager for...
- Donor Relation Manager - Data...
- Event volunteer - Opera Fun
- Are you great at Planning Parties?
- Website Designer for Opera &...
- Be creative with your life-aim...
- Love to Hunt for Treasure? Be...
- Are you Passionate about...
- Opera Fundraising- FUN Raising
- Arts Administration Intern for...
- Sew you love to make costumes?
- Are you good at writing and...
- Volunteer Manager HR
- Fun Raising for Opera Events