Horse Leader and Sidewalker with special needs riders
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
154 people are interested
Volunteers help us by:
- Leading horses and working with riders with special needs.
- Sidewalk horses and work with riders with special needs.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Milestones Inc
12372 Riggs Rd, Independence, KY 41051, US
Milestones is a nationally accredited, not for profit, organization. Our mission: To improve cognitive, physical, and psychological function and to nurture the emotional health of our members through therapeutic horseback riding activities
We strive to assist each rider to become an innovative and productive member of the community by building independence, self-confidence, and social skills in a fun, loving environment.
Why Therapeutic Horseback Riding?
The benefits, physical, cognitive, and psychological, are unique to horseback riding. Therapeutic horseback riding is an invaluable supplement to traditional therapies.
Psychological and Behavioral Benefits:
- Teaches trust through the rider/horse bond
- Teaches problem solving skills
- Increases self-confidence and self-discipline
- Teaches patience
- Enhances decision making skills
- Increases the ability to focus and stay on task
- Provides an increase in self-esteem and pride
- Instills a sense of accomplishment
- Improves balance, posture, and strengthens muscles
- Improves coordination
- Improves range of motion
- Replicates a muscle movement pattern similar to walking
- Stimulates the vestibular, nervous and circulatory systems
We'll work with your schedule.
12372 Riggs RdIndependence, KY 41051
- Background Check
- Must be at least 13
- Orientation or Training
- At least 2 hours once per week.
- Attend volunteer training.