Deliver a Meal to Someone in Need!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
159 people are interested
Mobile Meals of Toledo is currently seeking volunteers who are able to use their own vehicle to deliver meals a couple times each month. Delivering meals is a direct service opportunity that will allow the volunteer to see first hand the impact they are having in the community!
- Meals are delivered Monday through Friday around the lunch hour. No weekend or evening deliveries.
- Meals are picked up between 10 AM and 11 AM.
- Each delivery route takes approximately an hour to an hour and a half to complete.
- Volunteers use a tablet and mobile app (provided by Mobile Meals) during the delivery process.
- We have six pick up sites around Lucas County for the volunteers convenience.
- We service all of Lucas County and locations close to the Lucas County Border, i.e. Perrysburg, Walbridge, Swanton, parts of Michigan, etc.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Mobile Meals of Toledo, Inc
2200 Jefferson Ave, Toledo, OH 43604, US
The mission of Mobile Meals of Toledo, Inc. is to help our clients sustain independence and enhance their quality of life by delivering nutritious food right to their home.
Through the help of volunteers, Mobile Meals of Toledo delivers meals to individuals with a medical need. This need may be long term or short term. And while the bulk of Mobile Meals' clients are seniors, age is not a deciding factor in whether someone is eligible for the home delivered meal service that Mobile Meals of Toledo provides. Individuals who volunteer with Mobile Meals may deliver meals to an elderly woman who is no longer able to stand for long periods of time or a young man who has been in an accident and needs to go through physical therapy before he has full function of his hands again. An additional part of the delivery program is that volunteers are able to build relationships and check in on the clients each time they deliver. This direct service allows indivdiuals to have instant feedback and see what a difference they make in the lives of the individuals they are serving.
We'll work with your schedule.
2200 Jefferson AveToledo, OH 43604
- Elder care
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Social Work
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Approximately 1.5 hr, each delivery
- Ability to use, or willingness to learn, a tablet and mobile app used during delivery; Children and Teens may volunteer with an adult who is able to provide a valid driver's license, proof of auto insurance and pass a background check.