Health & Wellbeing Volunteers Needed for Senior Community! (Ontario, CA)
DONATE TO THIS
214 people are interested
As a volunteer with LINC you will help low-income seniors sustain their physical and mental health while preventing social isolation and depression within this vulnerable population. Seniors living on fixed incomes are often forced to choose between paying for housing or nutritious foods, medication and participating in healthy activities. Health & Wellbeing Volunteers at LINC Cares address these issues by providing supportive programs that improve seniors’ quality of life and promote their ability to live independently.
Volunteers coordinate the following activities:
- Exercise - leading stretching classes, walking groups, and other physically engaging programs
- Nutrition - demonstrating healthy recipes while providing educational workshops
- Community engagement - coordinating activities that include:
- Special holiday celebrations
- Arts & crafts
- Cognitive and socially active games (e.g., bingo and Wii)
- Computer labs - providing 1-to-1 instruction on basic computer skills and functions
- And more...
Health & Wellbeing Volunteers are trained according to LINC Cares program models to coordinate their own assigned activities. Responsibilities include: outreach, preparation, setting up and cleaning program space, facilitating activities, ensuring the safety of participants, and communicating with property management and resident service staff.
Learn new skills and have fun, all while improving the health of our community!
How to Enroll:
To qualify as a Health & Wellbeing Volunteer, applicants must be at least 16 years of age and submit to a background verification. Getting involved is as easy as taking 4 simple steps:
- Visit our website at: http://www.linchousing.org/linccares/vol_form.html and complete the online application.
- You will be contacted within days to schedule an orientation appointment.
- Attend an orientation where you will meet onsite staff, receive a tour of the facility, and be given an introduction to LINC and the responsibilities of its volunteers.
- You will be contacted after orientation for placement in the activity of your choice.
For more information, please contact Asia Bogan at 562-684-1148 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We'll work with your schedule.
955 N. PalmettoOntario, CA 91762
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training