Volunteer as a CASA--Court Appointed Special Advocate, to speak up for a child!
118 people are interested
We are looking for volunteers with a heart for children who will advocate for what is in the best interest of abused, neglected, and dependent children involved with the Richland County Juvenile Court. Responsibilities of CASA volunteers include:
- Meeting with the child monthly and speaking with all individuals involved in a case
- Observing the child in each environment and with each caregiver
- Gathering and reviewing records
- Attending court hearings where you will represent to the court in written and/or oral reports what you believe to be in the best interest of the child, based on your investigation
- Monitoring services to assure forward progress is being made
While this volunteer work can be intensive, it is also meaningful and rewarding. Efforts of CASA volunteers are supported by Volunteer Coordinators who will guide and assist you throughout the process.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
411 S. Diamond StreetMansfield, OH 44902
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 10 hours monthly
- No felonies