All children need someone to inspire them! Be the one!!
We believe that every child has the potential to succeed in life. Unfortunately, not all children get the support they need to thrive.
Mentoring benefits youth in many ways.
- Improves self-esteem and confidence
- Keeps young people in school
- Helps to improve academic skills
- Exposes youth to healthy relationships and lifestyle choices
- Provides support for positive behaviors, attitudes and ambitions
- Increases young people's ability to seek and keep jobs
RSVP mentors are matched with a school-age child. The mentor visits the child at his or her school for as little as one hour per week.
Mentors serve as role models and provide at-risk students with the support and guidance they need to develop in a positive and healthy manner. There may be an occasional after school activity (ballgame, theater, zoo, museum) and tickets are usually provided. Ongoing training and support are provided.
Currently volunteer mentors are needed in the following Philadelphia suburban areas: Lower Merion, Abington, North Penn and Plymouth Meeting.
- Youth Services
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- at least one year
- Explore Volunteering
- America Reads/Reading Coaches
- Volunteer Executive Consultants...
- Get joy from Reading to...
- Adult Literacy
- America Reads/Reading Coaches in...
- Meals on Wheels in Kennett
- America Reads / Reading Coaches...
- Virtual Algebra Tutors
- Medicare Counseling
- STEM Career Exploration Presenters
- Mentoring Students
- Meals-on-Wheels in Coatesville
- Helping Seniors at Home
- Veterans Return to School
- Community Links Programs