Volunteers assist with worship services on Friday afternoons from 1:30 to 3:30 PM and Sat. mornings from 8:45 -11:45 AM. Volunteers work with residents who need individual assistance during service to find pages in the prayer book, coming forward for an "honor" during the service, putting on a prayer shawl (tallit)-or who would especially benefit from having company during the service. Volunteers who are familiar with Jewish worship, or who are open to participation in the worship, can discuss with the rabbi the various roles they may take-for example, singing or leading a prayer. One of the most important services a volunteer can perform is to encourage residents to participate in some way-to speak up during discussion, to sing, to read aloud, to accept an honor during the reading of the Torah.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- 40 hour minimum commitment or 6 months
- Activities Assistant
- Creative Arts Assistant
- Shabbot Services Assistant
- Do you enjoy interacting with...
- Rehabilitation Services
- Interested in nursing? Volunteer...
- Computer/Internet Instructors
- Poker dealers needed for seniors
- Come volunteer in our boutique!
- Do you enjoy working with...
- Become a work of heart.....
- Russian Speaking companions
- Socialize with seniors at our...
- Make new friends with our...
- Pets-In-Residence Assistant