Adult Literacy Volunteer Tutor
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
47 people are interested
- Help an adult improve reading and writing skills
- Assist learners with developing confidence and a positive attitude about learning
- Be able to engage learner in decisions relating to their learning process and goals
- Be able to meet regularly once or twice a week
- Prepare lessons designed to the needs and interests of your learner
- Keep accurate and up-to-date records of your learner's progress
- Complete a monthly status reports and turn in by the 5 th of the month
About Beaumont Library District - Beaumont Library District
125 E. Eighth St., Beaumont, CA 92223, US
The Public Library is dedicated to free and equal access to information, knowledge, independent lifelong learning, cultural enrichment, and the joys of reading for our diverse community.
Public libraries in California seek to engage the talents, skills and commitment of volunteers to serve the communities' information and literacy needs. Libraries offer a variety of skilled volunteer opportunities to make a meaningful contribution to library programs, operations, fundraising events and other community engagement functions. Skilled volunteers have opportunities to lead projects, work with teams of staff and volunteers, learn new skills, and have fun.
We'll work with your schedule.
125 E. Eighth St.Beaumont, CA 92223
- Adult Education
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- 1.5 hrs of Orientation & 6 to 8 hrs of training
- 1 to 2 hours per week per tutoring session