Diplomats of Tourism - Visitor Welcome Center (Near Haines City) Davenport
54 people are interested
- Are you seeking a volunteer opportunity where you can help others, meet new friends and experience fun and adventure?
- "Polk-DOTs"(Polk Diplomats of Tourism volunteer concierges) meet and greet visitors from: Amsterdam, Peru, England, Scotland, Puerto Rico, as well as from places all over the United States!
- Come and join our family of smiling faces and welcoming voices who help lend a hand at Polk County's interactive tourist information center, Central Florida's Visitor Information Center!
- There are opportunities for both front-line and behind-the-scenes assignments (i.e. data entry, stocking brochures on biking, golfing, fishing, and attraction option information) and training is provided.
- The center helps to market Polk County, Florida as a vacation destination and assists with helping guests planning their vacations.
- We offer a great team to volunteer with and unique perks and socials along the way.
- Choose a schedule that works best for you - seasonal, once a week, once a month, during the week or a weekend day!
- We are located at the junction of I-4 & U.S. Hwy. 27 near Perkins in Davenport and welcome volunteers from surrounding areas. Come join us ...where "hospitality" is the name of the game!
About Volunteer Polk
1290 Golfview Avenue, Bartow, FL 33830, US
Volunteer Polk’s Mission We mobilize volunteers and resources to improve the quality of life for people throughout Polk County.
Polk County volunteers are seeking to:
- Make A Difference,
- Meet Others, and/or to
- Maximize their Career Skills - while assisting various agencies in County government.
Assignments are targeted to make a difference in the areas of:
- Education -STEM
- Economic Development & Community
- Health & Nutrition
- Public Safety
You may choose to volunteer once-a-week or once-in-a-while!
We'll work with your schedule.
Central Florida Visitor Information Center101 Adventure CourtDavenport, FL 33837
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
- Office Reception
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Public Relations
- Customer Service
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- We work with your availability