Kinship is looking for teachers who might have some free time or even be retired. We would like to offer some lifeskill classes to our kids on topics such as financial literacy, social skills, career options, peer choices, personal strengths and talents, etc. Being a teen is challenging in these days and we have the opportunity to reach this select group of low income kids who may not have the financial resources to attend other opportuntities out in the community.
This opportunity might be for a four hour workshop or two 2.5 hour classes. You could help us design the formats with your teaching abilities. Together we can make sure the kids get the knowledge.
Since budget cuts don't allow all that use to be taught in schools we want to make sure our kids are not missing out.
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hours
- reliable, transportation, relate to youth
- Befriend a Child of Immigrants &...
- Spanish translator
- Spanish translator in Anoka County
- Send a birthday blessing
- Spanish speaking translator
- loving mentor to befriend...
- Befriend a Child of a Prisoner
- role model for boys
- Anoka County activities assistant
- Friend of teen
- Spanish speaking mentors
- mentor in Anoka County
- friend to a child
- role model for teen
- special needs children need...
- teachers for lifeskills
- Senior mentors needed Hennepin...
- mentor a child
- Activities planner
- Autistic children need friends