Duties: Be available a minimum of 2 hours a week to assist tenants one-on-one with basic level and mid-level computer skills. Email basics (sending attachments, etc.), word processing, use of the Internet, and possibly Facebook might be the main interests. Some tenants may also want help with Excel, PhotoShop how to download photos from a camera, and other popular programs. Or they just need help with organizing files or moving things around from one location to another. Tenants will sign up for hour time slots to get one-on-one help.
Requirements: Mid- to high level computer skills but probably not a geek. Patience and kindness are big assets, plus the ability to explain things clearly. Most active computer users could easily share what they know with others.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 2 hours a week
- Meal Server / Park Apts
- One-to-One Visitor for Nursing...
- Beauty Shop Escort
- Pet Visitor/Dogs
- Adult Day Center 1:1 volunteer
- Monthly Birthday Party
- Pianist - Holiday Parties - 2017
- Saturday Game Day Facilitator
- Santa Clause - Ebenezer...
- Book Cart Volunteer
- Summer Lake Outings With Seniors
- Spiritual Health Survey
- Gifts of Love - Donate a gift to...
- Bingo Companion Volunteer
- Garden Club Volunteers
- Arts and Crafts Volunteer
- Movie Assistant - Popcorn and...
- December 2017 Holiday Parties -...
- Weekly Bowling at the Care Center