VITAS' Memory Bear Volunteers make home-sewn bears with compassion and love to ease a hurting heart after the death of a VITAS patient. The bears are sewn from items of the patient's clothing: a favorite pair of jeans, pullover top, dress, bathrobe, nightgown, etc. A Memory Bear may recall the closeness of a loved one, bring a smile to someone in distress, or offer a sense of security to a child who feels alone after the loss of a grandparent, parent or sibling. The fabric is provided by the family; the pattern, support and stuffing are provided by VITAS and the creativity is provided by the Memory Bear Volunteer.
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 15
- Orientation or Training
- 3 Memory Bears completed in 4-6 weeks
- VITAS Paw Pals Volunteers
- VITAS Craft Volunteers
- VITAS Administrative Volunteers...
- VITAS Administrative Volunteers
- VITAS Bereavement Volunteer
- VITAS Volunteer Memory Bear...
- VITAS Patient-Care Volunteers -...
- VITAS Patient-Care Volunteers
- VITAS Musical and Visual Artist...
- VITAS Hair Care Volunteers
- VITAS Paw Pals Volunteers -...
- VITAS Massage & Reiki Volunteers