Be a friend to a local senior. Visit with an elder in his or her home to provide companionship, relieve loneliness, and share interests. For some elders, this match-up program is one of their most important services and they look forward to seeing their companion every week! During your visit you will often sit and talk and may play games, cards, read, open mail, or take walks.
Get involved in your community and make a difference! The times and hours are flexible and can fit into a busy schedule. Contribute one hour a week!
Apply via https://www.ethocare.org/volunteer/application/
Volunteers must attend a one-time, 45 minute orientation!
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- one hour per week
- Home Care Office Assistant!
- Do you speak Haitian Creole?...
- Do you speak Cantonese? Relieve...
- Volunteer at Cafe Pride!
- Volunteer as a Spanish Translator!
- Advocate for Elders in long term...
- Do you speak Greek? Seniors need...
- Do you speak Spanish? An Elder...
- Vulnerable seniors need your help!
- Senior Companions Needed!
- Relieve Loneliness - Become a...
- Shop with a Senior!
- Male Friendly Visitors Needed!
- Volunteer Bill Payers for Seniors!
- Veterans Needed to Volunteer...
- Escort Seniors to Medical...
- Do you speak Arabic? Elders Need...
- PCA Office Volunteer