Become a volunteer visitor for a lonely elder in Oakland! New Volunteer Trainings occur often! Great opportunity for a busy person who still wants to give back to their community! We will match you wtih somebody in a location convenient to you!
- Want to help an isolated elder to feel less alone?
- Interested in making a difference in an elderly person's quality of life?
- Able to visit an elder community member in their home?
As a volunteer visitor for "ElderWISE" ("Working in Service to Elders"), an outreach program of Episcopal Senior Communities, Senior Resources, you will:
- Receive free training in interpersonal and listening skills
- Be matched with an elder to whom you will provide friendly companionship and a compassionate presence
- Benefit from joining a community of caring volunteers who receive ongoing support
Time Commitment: 6-month minimum, visiting your elder client 2 to 4 times/month
Qualifications: a free background check & fingerprinting; availability for our next new volunteer training (flexible times, about 90 min. long)
Bilingual volunteers strongly encouraged to apply! All adults aged 18 yrs and older welcome to apply.
For more information, please contact: Brian Stannard, 415-290-8885 or at email@example.com. Calling directly will ensure quicker response time, thank you!
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- at least 6 months, visiting 2-4 times monthly