Horse Leader: The Horse Leader takes responsibility for the horse before, during, and after a class. Horse Leaders will ready the horse for class, lead the horse during class, put the horse away after class, and correctly put away tack and equipment. Horse Leader tasks include:
- Groom and tack horse as directed by instructor.
- Aid in mounting by leading the horse to the appropriate site.
- Lead the horse for the rider as specified by the instructor.
- Maintain safety in the arena by keeping horse at a safe distance from other horses, people, fences and other objects.
- Follow instructor directions inside and outside of the arena.
- Take the horse back to the appropriate stall or pasture after un-tacking.
- Work as a team with staff and volunteers.
***Volunteers who are interested in positions that involve working directly with horses (i.e. horse leader or side walker) must be able to physically react with agility and swiftness to maximize safety of the rider and control of the horse.
- Animal Care / Handling
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training