The St. Vincent de Paul Free Dining Room serves a hot, healthy meal Tuesday-Saturday. Located in one of the most distressed neighborhoods in Northern California, the Free Dining Room serves nearly 600 meals on average per day. Join our team of volunteers to help feed those who are hungry. This opportunity is appropriate for groups of up to 15 people.
Volunteers will be asked to:
- dish food
- serve beverages
- hand out trays to clients
- wash and dry dishes
- clean tables
- assist with kitchen prep work
- organize refrigerators or dry storage spaces
- attend to all clients that we serve including families, young children, elderly, and disabled
Time: 9am - 1pm; shifts are available Tuesday - Saturday
Commitment: One time and ongoing volunteers are welcome
Volunteers will attend an orientation and receive training on their first day of service.
- Food Service
- People Skills
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- 9am - 1pm
- Volunteers must be able to stand for at least two hours
- Kitchen Prep Work - Help Us Feed...
- Volunteer in our Clothing Closet...
- Make a difference in your...
- Case Management Support
- Be a force for restorative...
- Help Spread the Word of our...
- Help SVdP distribute clothes to...
- Dish Room Assistant - Help feed...
- Fight hunger in Oakland - serve...
- Professional Development Coach
- Help People Get Back to Work! -...
- Greet our Clients with a Smile...