Leaps & Bounds Rabbit Rescue, Inc.
Want to help, but unable to adopt permanently? Fostering a rabbit or pair of rabbits, may be ideal for you. While most rabbits we take in are happy and healthy, we occasionally rescue rabbits who require healing and the personal touch provided by the intimacy of a foster home. Sadly, many rabbits have been innocent victims of abuse and neglect and need gentle, patient guardians to help them heal and trust again. Can you help these bunnies learn to love and trust again by fostering for 3-6 months? Additionally, as a result of severe overcrowding at local shelters, we also need short term foster homes for 1-2 months to safely house rabbits until they can be adopted or a space becomes available at Petco. Training is provided. Fosters typically donate supplies to help the rabbits since we are completely volunteer run and operate on donations.
About Leaps & Bounds Rabbit Rescue, Inc.
PO Box 466, Roseville, CA 95661, US
The mission of Leaps & Bounds Rabbit Rescue, Inc is:
- Provide the public with education regarding proper care of rabbits, and other small animals as necessary, as well as the importance of spay/neuter;
- Rescue and rehabilitate abandoned and abused rabbits, and other small animals as necessary, until adopted into a carefully screened and suitable environment;
- Provide appropriate medical care as necessary;
- Assist state and local agencies in seizing, care, fostering and the adoption of rabbits and other small animals as necessary;
- Assist rabbit owners in times of natural or personal disaster;
- Raise money through appropriate fundraising and donations;
- Provide other charitable efforts as directed by the Board.
Leaps & Bounds Rabbit Rescue, Inc. is run soley by volunteers. This group was founded because we care very deeply about rabbits and their well-being. Our primary focus is to enhance the lives of rescued rabbits in need by providing shelter, medical care, rehabilitation, socialization, and retraining as necessary while they are in foster care, with the ultimate goal of finding them permanent homes.