Customer Service Volunteer Staff
68 people are interested
THIS OPPORTUNITY WILL AGAIN BE OPEN TO APPLICANTS IN JANUARY 2019 HOWEVER IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO COME IN TO APPLY AHEAD OF TIME, PLEASE COME TO THE STORE! The 1st training class of 2019 is in February.
Ten Thousand Villages in Oak Park is a non-profit fair trade store located in lively downtown Oak Park. We believe that volunteering with us allows you to help locally while impacting thousands of people globally.
Our vision is that one day all artisans in developing countries will earn a fair wage, be treated with dignity and respect, and be able to live a life of quality. We achieve this through our marketing and sales of fair trade goods.
Volunteer's benefits include:
- Working with many interesting and fun volunteers as well as staff
- Meeting wonderful customers
- Improving the lives of marginalized artisans across the globe
- Socializing with a diverse group of friendly people who support this cause, both customers and other volunteers
- Working in a beautiful, stimulating environment
- Developing transferable job skills
- Enjoy participating in outside volunteer activities, and
- 20% Volunteer Discount - is a bonus! We will tell you more about it when you apply.
The Value of Volunteers
As a non-profit store, volunteers are absolutely critical to our success. By keeping operating costs low we can more greatly assist our artisan groups improve their economic situation in their communities. Customer Service volunteers are trained to bring the artisans' stories and crafts to life. With your help, customers learn about the products, the artisans, and how their purchases benefit others.
We are looking for people who enjoy working with the public and other fun, interesting volunteers. You will be a part of our Customer Service Volunteer Staff.
If you would like to join our fantastic volunteer staff, please call 708-848-4572, stop by the store for more information or go to: http://www.tenthousandvillages.com/oakpark#volunteer for an online application.
We look forward to meeting you!
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
121 N Marion StOak Park, IL 60301
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Basic Computer Skills
- Retail / Sales
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 10 hours per month or 1 shift per week
- Please contact us for more details: 708-848-4572