Customer Service Volunteer Staff
75 people are interested
Ten Thousand Villages in Oak Park is a non-profit fair trade store located in lively downtown Oak Park. We believe that volunteering with us allows you to help locally while impacting thousands of people globally.
We are looking for people who enjoy working with the public and other fun, smart, dedicated volunteers. You will be a part of our Customer Service Volunteer Staff.
Our vision is that one day all artisans in developing countries will earn a fair wage, be treated with dignity and respect, and be able to live a life of quality. We achieve this through our marketing and sales of fair trade goods.
Volunteer's benefits include:
- Meeting wonderful customers who believe in fair trade
- Improving the lives of marginalized artisans across the globe
- Socializing with a diverse group of friendly people who support this cause
- Working in a beautiful, stimulating environment
- Developing transferable job skills
- Enjoy participating in outside volunteer activities
- You can earn a 20% Volunteer Discount! We will tell you more about it when you apply.
- For Students who need to complete service hours, ask us how you may be able to do this with us.
The Value of Volunteers
As a non-profit store, volunteers are absolutely critical to our success. By keeping operating costs low we can more greatly assist our artisan groups improve their economic situation in their communities. Customer Service volunteers are trained to help customers learn about our artisans and their crafts. With your help, customers will find added value in giving beautiful and interesting gifts that help others around the world.
If you would like to join our fantastic volunteer staff, please stop by the store to apply or go online to this link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScOUX8tj8f-4fOmJxkkPsZ_7ZBdT9rxw1b0XOSYDtVLSKQf-w/viewform Once we review your application we will be in touch.
We look forward to meeting you!
We'll work with your schedule.
121 N Marion StOak Park, IL 60301
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Basic Computer Skills
- Retail / Sales
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- One shift per week = approx. 2.5 hours each shift. Your shift times may vary based on the times you select.
- Friendly, positive attitude, reliable, and open to helping customers.