Our shelving volunteers are an essential part of our Library team, and help to keep the library running smoothly in its daily function. We’re looking for serious, hard-working individuals willing to help us out in providing the library’s essential services to our community.
- The ability to work independently.
- Must be comfortable with alphabetic and numerical ordering.
- The ability to stand for long periods of time, push carts full of materials, and lift at least 25 pounds.
- Strong organizational skills, and attention to details.
- To be aware and observant of shelving conventions, in order to notice misshelved and mislabeled items.
- Clear a Live Scan (fingerprinting/background check) if over 18 years old.
- Be reliable and punctual in order to fulfill the volunteer commitment.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- A commitment of 2 hours a week of service.