Shelving Volunteers Needed!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
312 people are interested
Our shelving volunteers are an essential part of our Library team, and help to keep the library running smoothly in its daily function. We’re looking for serious, hard-working individuals willing to help us out in providing the library’s essential services to our community.
- The ability to work independently.
- Must be comfortable with alphabetic and numerical ordering.
- The ability to stand for long periods of time, push carts full of materials, and lift at least 25 pounds.
- Strong organizational skills, and attention to details.
- To be aware and observant of shelving conventions, in order to notice misshelved and mislabeled items.
- Clear a Live Scan (fingerprinting/background check) if over 18 years old.
- Be reliable and punctual in order to fulfill the volunteer commitment.
About Lincoln Public Library - Twelve Bridges Library
485 Twelve Bridges Drive, Lincoln, CA 95648, US
The Public Library is dedicated to free and equal access to information, knowledge, independent lifelong learning, cultural enrichment, and the joys of reading for our diverse community.
Public libraries in California seek to engage the talents, skills and commitment of volunteers to serve the communities' information and literacy needs. Libraries offer a variety of skilled volunteer opportunities to make a meaningful contribution to library programs, operations, fundraising events and other community engagement functions. Skilled volunteers have opportunities to lead projects, work with teams of staff and volunteers, learn new skills, and have fun. We ask that you be hard-working, observant with an attention to detail, and be willing to commit to volunteering on a regular basis.
We'll work with your schedule.
Lincoln Public Library at Twelve Bridges485 Twelve Bridges DriveLincoln, CA 95648
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- A commitment of 2 hours a week of service.