Thursday, May 3, 2018 from 9AM - 10AM
Come join us for coffee and learn more about us!
Do you love art? Do you value learning? Do you enjoy interacting with others? SMoCA's docent program may be just the thing for you. Our docents delight in sharing the energy and ideas of contemporary art, architecture and design with the public and school groups. They are the heart of SMoCA's education program. No prior experience is necessary.
A class is forming for fall of 2018 and orientation sessions are scheduled for May, August and September.
SMoCA provides a 28-week training course that will give prospective docents
* a good working knowledge of contemporary art and its methods
* touring techniques.
* ongoing education about new exhibitions,
* orientations by exhibition artists and curators
* field trips to expand their knowledge
* connection to new friends and a community of contemporary art lovers
Learn about the training program at the next informative coffee for prospective Museum docent guides on May 3, 2018 @ 9AM - 10AM.
- People Skills
- Reading Comprehension
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Weekly training meetings Tuesday AM
- 28 week training course