The FATHER (Fostering Actions To Help Earnings and Responsibility) Project is a program of Goodwill/Easter Seals. The goal of the FATHER Project is to assist parents in overcoming the barriers that prevent them from supporting their children economically and emotionally. Goodwill/Easter Seals is looking for volunteers to work individually with program participants to help them prepare to take the General Educational Development (GED) exam. The goal of the program is to help participants pass each of the parts of the GED exam so that they can receive their diploma. Review key concepts with adult participants including English, math, social studies and science.
Where: 2700 E. Lake Street, Minneapolis, MN 55407
When: Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. We would like volunteers to commit to at least one, two-hour shift per week.
- Adult Education
- Math / Science Instruction
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours per shift per week
- Knowledge on Subjects: English, Social Studies, Science is a plus.
- Mock Interview Volunteer
- Career Clothing Shopping Assistant
- Volunteer Mentor
- Special Projects Volunteer
- Volunteer Speed Mock Interviewer
- Mock Interview Training
- Advocacy Internship
- Gina + Will Intern
- Voter Education and Engagement...
- Second Debut Boutique Intern
- IT Field Intern
- Automotive Skills Trianing...
- Group Retail Volunteers
- Aftermarket Operations Intern-St...
- Aftermarket Operations...
- GED Tutors at the FATHER Project