DONATE TO THIS
128 people are interested
House Support Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Northeast Ohio
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
128 people are interested
Friendly, energetic, customer service-focused volunteers are needed to help support our house operations and program areas of the Cleveland Ronald McDonald House.
- Greet and welcome guest families, visitors, and donors; make everyone feel at home.
- Provide tours to guests and visitors.
- Serve as point person for guest needs and requests. Assist guest families with basic concierge services, such as locating resources for everyday needs within and outside the House. Examples may include printing directions, locating car repair services, local restaurants, and attractions, etc.
- Answer or direct incoming telephone calls.
- Help prepare rooms for check-ins.
- Help with House laundry (linens).
- Keep the guest services area clean, sanitized, and organized.
- Perform daily House tasks as requested by staff, and additional administrative tasks as needed.
- Excellent customer service skills, interpersonal skills, and the ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods.
- Ability to operate basic office equipment, including computers and printers.
- Ability to lift 10 lbs.
Requirements for all volunteer positions
- A commitment to the RMHC NEO mission.
- The ability to take direction but also work independently.
- Sensitivity to diverse populations.
- The flexibility to:
- Attend required continuing education seminar(s) each year.
- Attend an annual one-on-one conversation or review with a member of staff.
- A commitment to maintaining confidentiality regarding family information.
- The ability to maintain healthy boundaries and not take on families' troubles as one's own.
- 09:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- 12:00 PM to 03:00 PM
- 03:00 PM to 06:00 PM
- 06:00 PM to 09:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Northeast Ohio
10415 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44106, US
The mission of Ronald McDonald House Charities of Northeast Ohio, Inc. is to enhance the healthcare experience for families and children through comfort, care and supportive services.
A Place of Healing and Hope.
Staying at a Ronald McDonald House enables families to focus on the health of their child rather than anything else - like paying bills or cooking meals. We preserve a sense of normalcy with prepared meals, comfortable beds, and recreational activities. Most importantly, we help families create connections with other families, staff, and volunteers. In doing this, families have a support system to turn to during the most stressful moments of their lives. We provide a safe, secure and supportive environment for families and have taken special care to help protect those staying with us from COVID-19.
The House That Love Built
The Cleveland Ronald McDonald House serves families with a child receiving treatment at any Cleveland area medical center. Centrally located in University Circle, the House is a short walk or ride from Cleveland Clinic Children’s Hospital, UH Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital and MetroHealth Medical Center. In addition to 55 guest rooms, the House offers comfortable living and play areas, a fully equipped kitchen, recreation room, family resource center, children's playroom and laundry room. Surrounding the House are beautiful gardens, winding walkways and benches.
The Ronald McDonald House stands as a symbol of comfort and support, to welcome any family who might need shelter. It's easy to see why we're known as "The House That Love Built."
10415 Euclid AvenueCleveland, OH 44106
November 16, 2023
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Child Welfare
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hours per week/every other week
- All volunteers must be vaccinated against communicable diseases – chicken pox, measles, mumps, tuberculosis, Covid 19.