After School Program Volunteers Needed! (San Jacinto, CA)
DONATE TO THIS
125 people are interested
As volunteers with LINC, you will help low-income youth achieve not only academic but also personal growth and success. Research shows that due to the lack of resources there is a greater likelihood that a low-income child will face incarceration than ever complete a single college course. This is a discouraging statistic. We are breaking this trend. Youth Education Volunteers at LINC Cares serve at after-school programs and summer camps that provide fun recreational activities, support strong educational habits, and promote good health and positive social development for children in our communities.
The after-school program runs Monday thru Friday from 3:30pm - 6:00pm. We ask that all volunteers serve one day a week for a minimum of three months.
- Providing homework support and 1-to-1 tutoring
- Organizing recreational, computer, and arts & crafts activities
- Promoting positive social development
- Mentoring and being a positive role model
- Setting up & cleaning up of facility
Youth education services take place directly at LINC Housing apartments inside LINC Cares community centers from 3:30pm - 6:00pm Monday thru Friday. Our staff and volunteers’ primary goal is to keep kids safe by creating an environment that fosters learning and creativity- free of charge to those most in need.
Learn new skills and have fun, all while improving the lives of low-income youth in our community!
How to Enroll:
To qualify as a Youth Education Volunteer, applicants must be at least 16 years of age and submit to a background verification. Getting involved is as easy as taking 4 simple steps:
- Visit our website at: http://www.linchousing.org/linccares/vol_form.html and complete the online application.
- You will be contacted within days to schedule an orientation appointment.
- Attend an orientation where you will meet onsite staff, receive a tour of the facility, and be given an introduction to LINC and the responsibilities of its volunteers.
- You will be contacted after orientation for placement in the activity of your choice.
For more information, please contact Joseph Cabral at 562-684-1129 or email@example.com
We'll work with your schedule.
Terracina Apartments | Community Room1825 South Santa Fe AvenueSan Jacinto, CA 92583
- General Education
- Child Development
- Math / Science Instruction
- Reading / Writing
- Youth Services
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hours per week, Monday thru Friday, 3:30 - 6pm