Significantly impact the life of an adult whose limited literacy is a challenge in everyday life by becoming a volunteer literacy tutor.
Hemet Public Library Adult Literacy Services is looking for caring, patient volunteers to tutor adults in basic reading, writing, and spelling skills.
Tutor meets one-on-one with an English-speaking adult twice a week to help improve the learner's literacy skills. Each session is approximately one and a half hours long. Hours and days are flexible.
You need not be an educator, simply be willing to share your time with an adult learner. We will train you!
- Opportunity to positively impact the life of an adult learner.
- Knowing that you are promoting the next generation of readers by encouragiong an adult to read to his/her children.
- Opportunity to learn new skills.
- Meet people who share similar goals and interests.
- Accepting values and lifestyles different from your own.
- Reading / Writing
- Reading Comprehension
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1.5 Hours weekly