Change an adult's life...be a Literacy Tutor
DONATE TO THIS
134 people are interested
Significantly impact the life of an adult whose limited literacy is a challenge in everyday life by becoming a volunteer literacy tutor.
Hemet Public Library Adult Literacy Services is looking for caring, patient volunteers to tutor adults in basic reading, writing, and spelling skills.
Tutor meets one-on-one with an English-speaking adult twice a week to help improve the learner's literacy skills. Each session is approximately one and a half hours long. Hours and days are flexible.
You need not be an educator, simply be willing to share your time with an adult learner. We will train you!
- Opportunity to positively impact the life of an adult learner.
- Knowing that you are promoting the next generation of readers by encouragiong an adult to read to his/her children.
- Opportunity to learn new skills.
- Meet people who share similar goals and interests.
- Accepting values and lifestyles different from your own.
About Hemet Public Library - Hemet Public Library
300 E. Latham Ave, Hemet, CA 92543, US
To provide the community with the materials and services necessary for self-education, informed decision making, and recreation; and to provide materials of use and interest to the many diverse segments of the community, in all appropriate formats.
We are a public library offering programs and materials for the community.
We'll work with your schedule.
Hemet Public Library Literacy Center300 E. Latham Ave.Hemet, CA 92543
- Reading / Writing
- Reading Comprehension
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1.5 Hours weekly
- Fill out the online application: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cityofhemet/jobs/1999545/volunteer?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs