Boost Sustainability in Austin! Help sort books at Recycled Reads!
217 people are interested
Recycled Reads is the Austin Public Library's bookstore and sells, re-purposes, or recycles community donations and materials removed from library circulation.
Volunteers assist staff in sorting books and materials for recycling, repurposing, or re-sale. Duties involve working the front desk, unloading boxes, checking for damage, sorting books by subject and value, and shelving books and materials. This position requires volunteers to push cart up to 75lbs; to bend, stoop, and stretch; and handle office equipment with or without reasonable accommodation.
Work is best suited for detail oriented individuals. Previous experience working in retail and warehouse/stocking skills are helpful.
Current Opportunities include:
- Saturdays 12pm-6pm | 2 volunteers needed for a weekly shift
- Sundays 12pm-6pm | 2 volunteers needed for a weekly shift
- Thursdays 12pm-7pm | 2 volunteers needed for a weekly shift
- Fridays 12pm-6pm | 2 volunteers needed for a weekly shift
For information on this opportunity, contact Volunteer Services at APL.Volunteers@austintexas.gov or check out other volunteer opportunities at library.austintexas.gov/volunteer/opportunities.
We'll work with your schedule.
Recycled Reads5335 Burnet RoadAustin, TX 78756
- People Skills
- Retail / Sales
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Inventory Management
- Background Check
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hrs per week for a minimum of 6 months