Recycled Reads is the Austin Public Library's bookstore and sells, re-purposes, or recycles community donations and materials removed from library circulation.
Volunteers assist staff in sorting books and materials for recycling, repurposing, or re-sale. Duties involve working the front desk, unloading boxes, checking for damage, sorting books by subject and value, and shelving books and materials. Volunteers may also assist customers with check out and donations. This position requires volunteers to push cart up to 75lbs; to bend, stoop, and stretch; and handle office equipment with or without reasonable accommodation.
Work is best suited for detail oriented individuals. Previous experience working in retail and warehouse/stocking skills are helpful.
Current Opportunities include:
- Thursdays 2pm-6pm | 2 volunteers needed for a weekly 4 hour shift
- Saturdays 2pm-6pm | 1 volunteer needed for a weekly 4 hour shift
For information on this opportunity, contact Volunteer Services at APL.Volunteers@austintexas.gov or check out other volunteer opportunities at library.austintexas.gov/volunteer/opportunities.
- People Skills
- Retail / Sales
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Inventory Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hrs per week for a minimum of 6 months
- Boost Sustainability in Austin!...
- Coach Kids in a Computer Lab!
- Love kids? Love the New Central...
- Help the Community Access...
- Help someone improve their...
- Like kids? Help out your local...
- Help the Austin Public Library...
- Want to teach and play Minecraft...
- Share Your Love for the Library!...
- Love the New Central Library?...
- Help Preserve Austin's History!