Volunteers are needed for this exciting program that helps seniors navigate the maze of forms and information about benefits for which they may be eligible. Help is needed in various areas:
VOLUNTEER AMBASSADOR - Provide information on the program at various community events; explain the program, application process and assist seniors in completing questionnaires and deliver them to a designated location. Must be detail oriented; outgoing; comfortable with public speaking and willing to travel to various City of Cleveland locations.
OFFICE VOLUNTEER - Assist staff in scheduling and confirming and updating outreach activities at various sites; assign volunteers and create a monthly calendar of outreach activities. Basic computer skills necessary.
APPLICATION ASSISTANCE VOLUNTEER - Review Benefits report and help with printing and submitting applications; refer seniors to programs; help to obtain forms and arrange appointments for seniors. Track progress of seniors on a monthly basis. Must be detail oriented; patient; comfortable with computer and have good listening skills.
Applicants must pass a criminal background check, will be supervised by agency staff and be given mandatory training prior to starting.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Public Speaking
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Bring love & joy to a senior in...
- Have a heart for the disabled? ...
- Enjoy children? Be a lunch room...
- Teach new families about the US!
- Help others search for jobs!
- Have a heart for those with...
- Experienced tradesman needed!
- Brighten a resident's day!
- Ensure families receive food!
- Refugees need your help!
- First generation college...
- Retail therapy lovers wanted!
- Do you have a green thumb? Be...
- Become a friend to an inmate
- Help students succeed!
- Be a friend to a HS student- be...
- Help a student succeed in...
- Feed growing teens!
- Cancer patients need your help!
- Prepare others for a 1st...