Fat Kitty City Humane Society
Be a Cat Cuddler!
Requirements for opportunity:
- Collaborative team player, comfort taking direction and being self-directed when needed
- Basic leadership skills and a high level of accountability
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as communication verbal & written
- Cat behavior knowledge and continued learning on the topic, staying up on trends, safety protocols
- Desire to get to know the cats at the sanctuary, their names, and special needs
- Responsive, timely and displaying a sense of urgency
- Passionate about the role and the program in addition to Fat Kitty City mission and goals
- Problem solver, positive attitude, comfortable with change and continuous improvement
Keep an updated log of cats needing TLC - coordinate that information to cuddler volunteers.
Help place cats for adoption when ready.
To volunteer as a Cat Cuddler, you need to be 18 or over - or have an adult with you if you are under 18 (but you must be older than 12).
About Fat Kitty City Humane Society
2201 Francisco Dr., Suite 140-564, El Dorado Hills, CA 95762, US
Fat Kitty City Humane Society is a non-profit 501(c)3 Corporation, dedicated to ending needless animal suffering, through spaying, neutering, socializing, adopting and other aggressive approaches. We currently operate our one-of-a-kind sanctuary on a twenty-acre, tree-studded natural environment in Northern California.
Fat Kitty City Humane Society is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to ending animal suffering by rescuing homeless animals, providing them with a safe haven, addressing their nutrition and medical needs, and especially finding them loving lifelong homes they deserve.
Every animal we rescue receives sanctuary at our rescue facility, veterinary exam(s), ongoing veterinary care, vaccines, spaying, neutering, microchipping, and any other medical aid that the rescued animal may need. We are committed to helping end animal overpopulation and communicable diseases by saving as many homeless animals as our finances will allow and educating the public regarding responsible animal care.
Fat Kitty City Humane Society is growing and expanding, and we have many volunteer opportunities to help our nonprofit go to the next level! Leadership opportunities are available and we are looking for creative and dynamic individuals. We have opportunities for every skill set, so if you do not see volunteer positions that are interesting to you, contact us and let us know what you can bring to the table, and a position will be created for you!