The Children’s Playroom provides therapeutic childcare for children while their parents meet with counselors, attend workshops, or utilize other services offered by the San Francisco Child Abuse Prevention Center (SFCAPC). Volunteer for 2-4 hours a week as a Playroom Caregiver and make a difference in the life of a child!
- Supervise playtime, read stories, lead arts & crafts activities, and serve snack for children 0 - 12 at SFCAPC’s TALK Line Family Support Center in Haight-Ashbury
- Organize donations delivered to the Playroom - toys, children’s clothing, baby furniture and more
- Attend monthly volunteer meetings led by Playroom staff
The Children’s Playroom is open Monday - Thursday, 10 AM - 2 PM and on select evenings and weekends. Volunteers must attend an initial 4-hour training session and commit to a weekly shift for a minimum of 6 months. Volunteers must be at least 16 years of age to participate.
TO APPLY: email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 415-668-0494, or visit www.sfcapc.org!
- Child Development
- Family Therapy
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Child Welfare
- Child Care
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 6 months
- One initial 4-hour training session and one 90-minute volunteer meeting per month