Children's Playroom Volunteer Caregiver
147 people are interested
The Children’s Playroom provides therapeutic childcare for children while their parents meet with counselors, attend workshops, or utilize other services offered by Safe & Sound (Formerly known as the San Francisco Child Abuse Prevention Center). Volunteer for 2-4 hours a week as a Playroom Caregiver and make a difference in the life of a child!
- Supervise playtime, read stories, lead arts & crafts activities, and serve snack for children 0 - 12 at Safe & Sound's TALK Line Family Support Center in Haight-Ashbury
- Organize donations delivered to the Playroom - toys, children’s clothing, baby furniture and more
- Attend monthly volunteer meetings led by Playroom staff
The Children’s Playroom is open Monday - Thursday, 10 AM - 2 PM and on select evenings and weekends. Volunteers must attend an initial 4-hour training session and commit to a weekly shift for a minimum of 6 months. Volunteers must be at least 16 years of age to participate.
TO APPLY: email email@example.com, call 415-668-0494, or visit www.safeandsound.org!
We'll work with your schedule.
1757 Waller StreetSan Francisco, CA 94117
- Child Development
- Family Therapy
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Child Welfare
- Child Care
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 6 months
- One initial 4-hour training session and one 90-minute volunteer meeting per month