Job Title: Comfort Companion
Purpose: Comfort companions are friendly visitors to patients who reside either at home or in a facility. Comfort companions spend time with hospice patients, engaging them in conversation, reading, watching TV, and generally serving as a friendly and calming presence. Comfort companions fill an important need for lonely patients or for caregivers who need a short respite.
Location: Various locations in the Columbus, OH metro area
- Provides company and conversation to hospice patients
- Is a trusted presence that puts caregivers and patients at ease
- May perform small household tasks as requested
Time Commitment: Minimum of one day per month for at least 6 months.
Qualifications: Kind, empathetic, respectful, punctual, and safety conscious
Support: Training for this position will be provided.
Age Requirement: None
Dress Code: Casual
Volunteers are an integral part of our team and the service they provide helps us to continue to fulfill our mission. Thank you for answering the call to serve.
- Hospice Care
- Elder care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of one visit per month for six months
- Health and safety screenings including TB test and Flu Shot
- Summer Office Assistant
- Hospice Bereavement Volunteer
- Phone-A-Friend Volunteer
- Birthday Brigade
- Friendly Pet Visitor
- "On My Own" Hospice Volunteer
- Vigil Volunteer
- Volunteer Hair Stylist
- Veteran-to-Veteran Hospice...
- Administrative Support
- Spiritual Support Hospice...
- Musical Moments Hospice Volunteer
- Comfort Companion Hospice...
- Biography / Family History...
- Support Group facilitator
- Craft Leader
- Massage Therapy Hospice Volunteer
- Special Events Assistant