Hospice Family Support Volunteer
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereThe Greater Danbury AreaDanbury, CT 06810
Family Support Volunteers provide personal support to individuals with terminal illness and their families. Volunteers may provide caregiving respite and relief, companionship, transportation, shopping and errand services, journaling and life review, as well as a welcoming smile, a listening heart and caring hands. Volunteers do not provide hands-on care, rather are a supportive presence for the patient and/or family.Family Support Volunteers are members of the hospice Interdisciplinary Team and work with other team members to provide a continuum of care for patients and caregivers.
All interested volunteers must:
* Fill out an application online
* Schedule an interview
* Submit three references
* Complete a background check
* Attend a 24-hour training (over 8 evenings OR 4 days). Please contact the volunteer department for upcoming dates.
- Massage Therapy
- Bereavement Support
- Hospice Care
- Patient Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible - but an ongoing commitment
- Mandatory 24 hour training
- Massage Therapy Volunteers
- Pet Partners - Hospice Volunteers
- Food Service Volunteers
- Administrative Volunteers
- Fundraising ("Chapter") Volunteers
- Volunteers to support hospice...
- Hospice Family Support Volunteer
- Reiki / Therapeutic Touch
- Community Bereavement Volunteer
- Regional Hospice Volunteer...
- NEW HAVEN AREA - Hospice Family...
- Bereavement Facilitator -...
- Lobby Greeters