Provides an Array of health and support services to meet the unique needs of seniors and their families. Programs include: Information and Referral, Adult Day Health, Alzeheimer's Daycare Resource Center, Caregiver Support and Health screenings and Volunteer programs.
Volunteer Opportunities: Office Support, Recreation Assistant
RSVP: Advisory Council Members, Mailing/Newsletter, Program/Office Support.
The Advisory Council shall function in an advisory capacity to the Sponsor and assist the Project Coordinators and in matters affecting planning, support and significant program and personnel staffing decisions, including the formation of basic local policies for the activities of the Foster Grandparent Program, the Retired & Senior Volunteer Program and the Senior Companion Program.
Wise and Wellness Program Volunteer Opportunity: Mills-Peninsula Health Services Senior Focus offers blood pressure, blood glucose and cholesterol screenings primarily focused on older adults (age 60+) through the Wise & Well Program located on-site at 1720 El Camino Real, Burlingame and off-site at various locations throughout San Mateo County.
Volunteers assist with:
1. Registering screening participants
2. Preparing mailings, labeling health education materials, photocopying, and filing
3. People oriented work: making appointment reminder phone calls to participants and/or guiding participants through the screening process.
Orientation to the job is provided and signing confidentiality agreements is required.
Foster Grandparent/Senior Companion Program: Office Support
- Executive Admin
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- Reading Tutor - Reading Partners
- Food Delivery - Society of St....
- Kitchen/ Food Pantry - Samaritan...
- Radio Operator - Blackberry...
- Early Literacy Program - Avenidas
- Homeless Help Kitchen - Society...
- Get up & Go Volunteer
- Mills-Peninsula Health Services
- Caring Cupboard - City of San...
- Mobility Ambassador - San Mateo...
- Senior Nutrition
- Lifeline Services Mills- Peninsula
- Recreation Instructor
- SFO Travelers Information
- Monkey Toy Project - Los Altos...
- Meals on Wheels
- San Mateo County Sheriff's Office
- Friendship Center Host/ Hostess-...
- Project Read Literacy Tutor
- Habitat for Humanity Greater SF...