Volunteers needed to smile with the residents of The Jewish Home:
- bring residents in wheelchairs from their rooms to activities, to the Dining Room, to physical therapy appointments in the Gym and other on-site areas.
- visit individually, perhaps play a game of cards or Scrabble, enjoy a cup of coffee or make an ice cream sundae in the Home's Corner Cafe.
- guide web surfing, emailing to grandchildren and searching favorite places or performers on YouTube.
- entertain with your guitar, clarinet, violin or on one of the Home's pianos.
- read to the visually impaired.
- assist in activities.
- share your personal skills and talents with the people who built our community.
- bring the Book Cart around and give out reading material.
- greet visitors at one of the Reception Desks.
- serve as a Sales Associate in the Gift Shop.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training