The Friendly Visitor Program matches volunteers with frail and isolated elders. Through one-on-one visits the program offers companionship, helps alleviate loneliness, promotes aging with dignity.
Volunteers visit their elder friend every week for about an hour. Friendly Visitor activities may include: sharing memories, helping with errands, sharing a holiday, keeping company with an elder or taking a walk. The time and day you meet with your elder is flexible and up to you and the elder to decide. All volunteers receive training and ongoing support from the JF&CS Friendly Visitor Program Manager.
- Commit to visiting their elder once a week for about an hour
- Commit to volunteering for approximately one year
- At least 18 years old
- Provide a minimum of two references
- Attend required orientation/ interview 1-hour 1:1 training
- Undergo a CORI check
How to Apply
If you are interested in volunteering for Friendly Visitors, please fill out this program-specific application form.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- One hour per week or every other week