Volunteers are a vital part of the hospice caregiving team. Serving with a spirit of respect and concern, Angela Hospice volunteers provide a variety of services to support and enhance the hospice mission of compassionate care for the dying.
Areas of Service
Volunteering at Angela Hospice offers positive opportunities for learning and personal growth, through the following areas of service:
- Hospice Home Care - providing companionship to patients and respite for families in the home.
- Hospice Care Center - providing assistance to our professional staff and companionship for residents of our inpatient unit.
- Bereavement Services - providing emotional support to family members or friends for 13 months following a patient's death.
- Spiritual Care - providing spiritual and emotional support to patients and families.
- Pediatric Care - supporting families in our "My Nest is Best" pediatric hospice and home care programs.
- Speakers Bureau - speaking about hospice in the community.
- Events & Fundraising - helping to plan and implement special events to support Angela Hospice programs.
- Clerical Support - data entry, spreadsheets, mail preparation, filing, and miscelanneous office work.
Volunteer opportunities are flexible to meet your personal skills and interests. Currently, volunteers add their special touch in many unique ways.
If you have further questions, please feel free to contact the Angela Hospice Volunteer Office at (734) 464-7810.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 20 hours per year
- Annual TB testing (provided by Angela Hospice)