We are looking for a few volunteers to act as our Front Desk Receptionists in our beautiful facility in West Los Angeles. We call these volunteers our "Directors of First Impressions" because the role they play is so critical to our members. Each volunteer spends a few hours a week (2-3 hour shifts each week) doing the following tasks:
- Greeting visitors
- Providing telephone callers with information about our programs
- Directing calls to the appropriate staff person in the office
- Assisting with mailings as needed.
We are looking for persons with excellent social skills who are comfortable working around people with cancer. Other requirements include:
- Excellent phone skills
- Computer skills are highly desirable
- Must have neat, presentable appearance
- Must be friendly and polite
- Must be organized
- Must be reliable and conscientious about working assigned dates/times. We recognize that sometimes a volunteer must cancel, but we request advance notice so we can find a backup.
Currently, we need volunteers for the following hours:
- Monday 12:00-5:00
- Tuesday 9:00-5:00
- Friday 9:00-5:00
We can break up the hours into any segments of time that work for the volunteers.
The mission of Cancer Support Community, Benjamin Center is to ensure that all people impacted by cancer are empowered by knowledge, strengthened by action, and sustained by community. Our programs include educational workshops, mind-body, stress reduction & exercise classes, group support & networking, individual counseling, and social gatherings. All programs and services are provided free of charge.
If you are interested in volunteering in this or other positions at Cancer Support Community, please contact Ida at firstname.lastname@example.org. Ida will do a phone interview, and then schedule an orientation at the Cancer Support Community for you to learn more about us.
- Customer Service
- Office Reception
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 - 3 hrs per week minimum (we are flexible!)