Are you friendly, outgoing and enjoy giving a lending hand? We would love for you to join our Community!
Our Front Desk Receptionists are responsible for providing phone and walk-in reception to community members, associates, and staff of the Cancer Support Community Los Angeles (CSCLA).
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Greeting visitors
- Operating a multi-line phone system
- Answering all incoming calls and referring calls to appropriate staff members
- Providing basic information about the organization
- Maintaining call records
- Maintaining inventory of communal area supplies
- Assisting with day-to-day administrative tasks
- Ensuring cleanliness of center for members, visitors, and staff
Front Desk shifts are flexible within CSCLA administrative and clinical hours (Monday to Friday, 9 am to 8 pm). We ask for a minimum of one 4-hour shift per week. Currently, we are seeking support during the following time shifts:
Mondays: 12:00 - 4:00 PM
Thursdays: 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM, 12:00 - 4:00 PM,
Fridays: 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM, 1:00 - 5:00 PM
- Excellent oral and written English
- Daytime availability
- Detail oriented and committed to meeting deadlines
- Communicate in a positive, polite and respectful manner
- Friendly attitude and comfortable working around people with cancer
- Ability to work independently and alongside a team
- Ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time
- Takes initiative to perform duties under minimal supervision
- Ability to use a computer for data entry, word processing and Internet research
- Maintain clean and neat presence of communal area
- Ability to lift 20+ pounds and follow directions
Who are we?
- Volunteer Orientation and specific on-site training available
The mission of Cancer Support Community Los Angeles is to ensure that all people impacted by cancer are empowered by knowledge, strengthened by action, and sustained by community. Our programs include educational workshops, mind-body, stress reduction & exercise classes, group support & networking, individual counseling, and social gatherings. All programs and services are provided free of charge. www.cancersupportla.org.
If you are interested in volunteering in this or other positions at Cancer Support Community, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more. Please send a resume, a phone number and list a few times you are available to speak via phone.