Essential Theatre has been producing an annual theatre festival in Atlanta since 1999. We specialize in new plays by Georgia writers, and some of the work we've premiered has been published and gone on to other productions around the country. We help move Georgia playwrghts onto the national stage! We are a 501c3 non-profit employing a diverse group of participants and catering to a an equally diverse audience. To help us further promote our mission and grow our company, Essential Theatre is actively seeking as many as four new Board members.
If you fall into one or more of the following categories, enjoy dynamic theatre and want to get involved, serving on our board:
- An entrepreneur who has successfully started and run a small business.
- A lawyer or accountant who may wish to provide assistance with legal and financial matters.
- A person with management experience in a large corporation that may be interested in charitable giving and/or corporate sponsorship.
- A person well seated in the community who has contacts with community philanthropists with a history of or an interest in supporting the arts.
- A person with a strong experience in marketing/public relations/social media, preferably in marketing for a non profit organization.
- A person with skills in Graphic Design, Event Planning or Fundraising.
Board Members should have a passion for new plays, and are asked to attend a majority of quarterly board meetings, attend company productions, support the company with a financial contribution and help the company with fund raising activities.
Essential Theatre is an equal opportunity organization and seeks Board Members without regard to sex, race, creed or sexual orientation. If you know of any qualified person who may be interested in serving in this capacity, please forward this notice to them.
- Event Planning / Management
- Public Relations
- Grant Writing / Research
- Graphic Design
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 25
- 1-2 hours per month