Chabot Ambassadors are positive volunteer representatives who help make the center a welcoming, fun and enjoyable place. Chabot Ambassadors are responsible for assisting with visitor services, community outreach, special events and science enrichment activities at our center and in the community.
- Is open to filling many different diverse roles, and working with large numbers of visitors.
- Helps assist in Chabot’s many diverse programs, both public and private, around the Center.
- Helps with setup of furniture for events, plating food for dinners, bartending, wayfinding, ushering, ticketing, hiking, and many other diverse roles.
- Has extensive knowledge of the center floors to guide visitors to different exhibits, the café, and restrooms.
- One Mentor session for Center overview
- Introduction to Front of House staff and floor managers
- Self guided center, exhibit and safety orientation, worksheets #1-3
- Thorough review of the Volunteer Handbook, Chabot website and volunteer website
- Preview the shows for reference
- Event-specific training will be provided as needed
- Enrichment Speakers (optional monthly educational workshops and lectures)
- Outgoing, friendly, welcoming and comfortable working with the public of all ages
- Enjoy initiating conversation and approaching people in a positive and enthusiastic manner
- Problem solving skills, self-starter, ability to handle most situations in a satisfactory manner
- Actively promote Chabot’s mission and be a champion of the volunteer community
- Self-directed and committed to assisting with a variety of needs
- Awareness and sensitivity in interacting with diverse populations
- Always offer excellent customer service to our visitors. They are our GUESTS.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 8 hours per month for one year